British Geriatrics Society Spring Meeting
The BGS Spring meeting will cover the latest scientific research and the best clinical practice in care of older people. Our ageing population is stimulating extensive NHS service redesign to deal with the challenge of caring for larger numbers of older people both in and out of hospitals. This conference will cover core areas of interest to all specialists responsible for the health care of older people.
The Programme will deliver key programme topics, highly interactive and engaging workshops and a number of social activities that are intended to give delegates the ideal opportunity to refresh, relax and refocus.
The programme will focus on the importance of cross specialty multidisciplinary teams working together and includes speakers presenting the latest current research evidence in:
- Dementia and nutrition
- Prescribing at end of life
- Respiratory diseases and the ageing lung
- Syncope and falls
- A journey through the ageing gut
- Tissue viability
- Education and training
The Programme includes guest lectures from experts in the field, including:
- Professor Janet Lord, Professor of Immune Cell Biology, Director of the MRC-Versus Arthritis Centre for Musculoskeletal Ageing Research University of Birmingham
- The Marjory Warren Guest Lecturer: Professor Andrew Elder, Consultant Physician, NHS Fife and Honorary Professor, University of Edinburgh